Russell Alexander Collaborative Family Lawyers is currently seeking qualified applicants for an available full-time receptionist/junior law clerk position. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the law firm and supporting office initiatives. Strong work ethic, professional demeanor, team player, organizational and time management skills are essential.
· Manage incoming calls, take messages and transfer calls when necessary;
· Book initial consultations following specific intake steps;
· Scanning and copying documents;
· Distribute incoming faxes, couriers, and mail;
· Greeting clients in a friendly and professional manner;
· File opening, client management, and processing payments;
· Organizing events and other general office duties as assigned; and
· Assist in the preparation and assembly of various mailings and setting up of webinars, seminars and speaking engagements.
Junior Law Clerk:
· Maintain calendar of meetings and appointments, track deadlines and timelines;
· Prepare correspondence;
· Prepare initial draft pleadings including Applications, Answers, Conference Briefs, Motions, Affidavits, Orders;
· Prepare files for meetings and court attendances;
· Ensure smooth operation of office when lawyer is in Court or out of the office for extended periods of time; and
· Report to clients.
· Legal Assistant/Law Clerk Certificate or Diploma (preferred);
· 1-3 years of relevant experience;
· Experience with PClaw or Esilaw software;
· Experience working with Divorcemate software;
· Proficiency using MS Office;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
· Professional, responsive and positive work attitude.
Interested applicants may submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.