Russell Alexander Collaborative Family Lawyers announced that it is expanding, hiring five more lawyers to work in a new location in Concord, Ont.
According to the press release, with divorce rates rising due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Lindsay-based firm has hired:
- Alex De Melo, a University of Ottawa law graduate who has worked as a legal counsel at Legal Aid Ontario, the Peel Children’s Aid Society and the Children’s Aid Society;
- Bill Rogers, a Queen’s University law graduate and longtime family law attorney who won a major victory in the Ontario Court of Appeal in 2014;
- Rick Peticca, a York University law graduate who has argued at all levels of court in Ontario, including the Supreme Court of Canada, in his 13 years practising family law;
- Margie Primero-Pimental, a McGill University law graduate who has worked at several family law firms in Ontario as well as her own firm since joining the Ontario bar in 2002; and
- Brittany Whalen, a University of Ottawa law graduate who previously practised family law in Newfoundland and Labrador.