Russell Alexander Collaborative Family Lawyers has formalized its community involvement through the Russell Alexander Giving Fund for over 10 years. Established as a means to help non-profit organizations located in Durham Region and the City of Kawartha Lakes, the Fund awards up to $5,000 per year to awarded candidates. The Giving Fund supports programs in the areas of community development, arts and culture, sports, education, and health and human services.
The Giving Fund seeks to benefit local organizations and individuals with an important mission who do not necessarily have the visibility or resources of larger charities. For a complete list of the application guidelines, please visit “Applicant Guidelines.”
Applicants must send in their requests for grants no later than July 31 in the year for which they are applying. Chosen recipients will be contacted in December of that year.
- 2018: A Place Called Home
- 2018: The Bethesda House
- 2017: 541 Eatery and Cafe
- 2016: Lindsay Lynx
- 2016: Luke’s Place
- 2015: Bayley Simpson – Team Canada Cycling
- 2014: Kawartha Lakes Food Source
- 2013: Lindsay Girls Hockey Association, City of Kawartha Lakes
- 2012: Whitby Girls Hockey Association (Whitby Wolves PeeWee BB), Town of Whitby
- 2011: Lindsay Hockey Association (Lindsay Muskies), City of Kawartha Lakes
- 2010: Lindsay Hockey Association (Lindsay Lynx and Lindsay Muskies), City of Kawartha Lakes
- 2009: Covenant House, City of Toronto