The Russell I. Alexander Giving Fund is currently providing an annual grant of up to $5,000.00. Funds will be allocated each year in December.
The Russell I. Alexander Giving Fund is dedicated to supporting programs that enhance the quality of life and reflect the spirit of the greater Durham and City of Kawartha Lakes regions. Established by the family law firm of Russell I. Alexander, the Fund supports programs in the areas of community development, arts and culture, sports, education, and health and human services.
The Fund is mainly designed for Applicants in Durham Region and the City of Kawartha Lakes.
The Fund is not available for:
- Organizations less than two(2) years old
- Organizations promoting religious or political activities
- Programs accessible only to paying membership
- Endowments or foundations
- Government agencies
While Russell I. Alexander realizes the time and energy that is required to prepare an effective proposal and the need to communicate the elements of the request, we ask that you limit your proposal to no more than 10 pages, plus attachments.
Timetable: The grant process is expected to proceed as follows (schedule subject to change)
- December 1 – July 31: Proposals are accepted
- September – October: Proposals will be reviewed
- December: Recipients will be announced
Contact: Darla Weir, Marketing Coordinator, (905) 655-6335