Since 2009, Russell Alexander Family Lawyers has formalized its community giving through the Russell I. Alexander Giving Fund. Established as a means to help non-profit organizations located in Durham Region and the City of Kawartha Lakes, the Fund awards up to $5,000 per year to successful candidates. The Giving Fund supports programs in the areas of community development, arts and culture, sports, education, and health and human services.
The Giving Fund was created to help local organizations and individuals with an important mission, but who do not necessarily have the visibility or resources of larger charities. For a complete list of the application guidelines, please visit “Applicant Guidelines.”
Applicants must send in their requests for grants no later than July 31 in the year for which they are applying. Successful recipients will be announced in December of that year.
- 2017: 541 Eatery and Cafe
- 2016: Lindsay Lynx
- 2016: Lukes Place
- 2015: Bayley Simpson – Team Canada Cycling
- 2014: Kawartha Lakes Food Source
- 2013: Lindsay Girls Hockey Association, City of Kawartha Lakes
- 2012: Whitby Girls Hockey Association (Whitby Wolves PeeWee BB), Town of Whitby
- 2011: Lindsay Hockey Association (Lindsay Muskies), City of Kawartha Lakes
- 2010: Lindsay Hockey Association (Lindsay Lynx and Lindsay Muskies), City of Kawartha Lakes
- 2009: Covenant House, City of Toronto